Related Article

Use your iMac as a display with Target Display Mode

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: No more Target Display??

Does anyone know if target display mode was disengaged for 2011 - 2013 iMacs? Target display does not work with Thunderbolt to Thunderbolt where in the past it used to. I've tried looking at the system report and when selecting THUNDERBOLT, both ports are active and working. I say working because they will accept Thunderbolt drives but when plugged into another iMac, NO DEVICE CONNECTED. Nothing. Zip. Nada.

It ***** if so. That was a huge bonus to utilizing both my 2012 and 2013 iMacs.

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on

Mar 4, 2018 12:01 PM in response to Mike Sombrio In response to Mike Sombrio

Been there. Done that. I've done everything including bringing in an outside mac (verified to work 2012 iMac) and still nothing. Here is a view of my thunderbolt under System Report. First image is mac1 is plugged into the port 1 and a Lacie Drive on the port 2. Second image is the reverse. ie. both ports are alive. Same test on mac2 - same results.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Additionally, I even went so far as to "nuke and pave" my mac2 with a fresh system. This still - after SMC, VRAM and all others - did nothing. This was working in the past and after I think my Serria update (i think), has not worked since.

Mar 4, 2018 12:01 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: markarmentano

Question: No more Target Display??