Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto cannot import CR2 files

I am using a Canon 800D and I cannot import my RAW files from my SD card onto my macbook. When i choose to "import all" on iphoto, only the JPEGs get imported, leaving all the RAW files behind. iPhoto can preview the raw files though. They cant be imported through lightroom either. however, i only seem to be able to edit them through photoshop.

When importing through iphoto, the error message that appear is "The following file could not be imported. The file is in an unrecognizable format."

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 8:13 AM

2 replies

Mar 4, 2018 9:46 AM in response to Waynynyny

The RAW Support by Apple has been released with iOS 10.3.2 and macOS 10.12.5, see: Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 10 and macOS Sierra - Apple Support

If you have not yet done so, you will need to upgrade to macOS 10.12.5. Sierra, to be able to use the native RAW Support on MacOS X. You will not be able to use it with iPhoto or Aperture however. Only the Photos for Mac application or third-party image editors will be able to use the native RAW support provided by the system.

iPhoto cannot import CR2 files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.