Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Full iCloud storage after trying to upload a big file on my Mac's iCloud Drive

Hi everyone.

About two days ago I had this folder on my desk and I wanted to move it to a different location other than my desk so I opened Finder and decided to paste this folder to iCloud Drive. This was a big folder, it had a few photos and documents and other smaller folders but mostly there was a ton of music.

After a long time, it stopped and even though the folder was there, there was a message under the other smaller folders saying something like "not enough storage", I don't remember. So I decided I could just delete the folder, what I had in there wasn't really important and I did and I emptied the trash.

Then some hours after I wanted to delete some photos from my phone (iPhone 5s) and I got that message that says they would be automatically deleted since there wasn't enough storage and I just knew it was because of what I had tried to do previously on my Mac (MacBook Air, MacOS Sierra 10.12.6) because I had plenty of storage on my phone and now I don't know how to fix it. I connected my phone into my Mac and the iTunes app said there was like 10 GB of "documents and data"...

I wanted to restore my phone but I can't even make an iCloud backup because there isn't enough space.

Someone PLEASE tell me how to fix this!

Thanks!

iPhone 5s

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 9:02 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 7, 2018 8:46 AM in response to zinacef

I did and when I signed in again, there were only 800 photos of the 1000 I had, closed the app and opened it again and there were about 100, repeated the process and there were over 70... I tried to reset my phone and then chose some backup from Feb 26 which was okay for me, and then there were only 50 photos... I checked my iCloud on my phone and it says there are 4GB worth of photos (I guess the original +1000?) I don't know what to do...

Full iCloud storage after trying to upload a big file on my Mac's iCloud Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.