Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search for settings and apps

my search is not finding any of my apps or settings on my iPhone 7. I have iOS 11.2.6. Is this a bug or does anyone know how to fix this issue.

All I get in my search results is various web pages.

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 9:28 AM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2018 2:57 PM in response to hv1957

Hi hv1957,

I understand that you're not getting the desired results when using Search on your iPhone.

Was Search working normally before updating? If you haven't already done so, I recommend trying to restart your iPhone and test the Search function out again. Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

After restarting, if it's still not working, you'll also want to check the settings for Search and make sure that the suggestions are turned on so that it shows you suggested apps:

Change search settings

Go to Settings > Siri & Search.

From here, you can turn Siri & Search Suggestions on or off and choose which apps to include in your searches. For example, if you don’t want to see search results from your Messages app, you can deselect Messages. If you deselect search for an app, it will also hide the app from search results. If you type the full name of the app, you'll still see a search result for the app.

If you don’t want Siri & Search to suggest nearby locations, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services, and tap Siri & Dictation. Under Allow Location Access, tap Never. Find out where you can use Suggestions in Search.

Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let me know how those steps work out for you.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care!

Search for settings and apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.