Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos synch between devices question...

Hello.

Recently I noticed that the Notes App wasn't synchronizing properly between my Mac & iPod Touch, so I decided to stop the synchronization process in both devices and restart it.

Everything seems to be working ok... BUT, I accidentally changed my Photos synch options. Basically, now, every time I delete a photo on my iPod, it automatically is deleted on my Mac's Photo software. Before I stopped the synch process, I was able to keep my personal photos on my Mac, in case they got deleted on my iPod Touch.

I screen captured my Mac's Photos preferences (my language is Portuguese (European).

My question is: which options must be activated in order to synchronize both Photos app (on my Mac & iPod Touch), BUT, without deleting photos on both devices at the same time? I want to keep them on one of my devices when I delete them on anyone of them...

Thank you.

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 10:58 AM

If you want to be able to delete photos on your iPhone without deleting them on your Mac, do not enable iCloud Photo Library on the iPhone.

Use only My Photo Stream, This way all new photos taken on the iPhone will be synced to your Mac. Any new photos you import to the Mac will sync to the iPhone.

Then you can delete photos from the iPhone's library (not from the My Photo Stream Album), and they will stay on the Mac, if you wait until the photos have been downloaded to the library on the Mac.

On your Mac:

User uploaded file

On your iPhone, disable "Settings > Your Name > iCloud > iCloud Photo Library."

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2018 10:58 AM in response to JMPC

If you want to be able to delete photos on your iPhone without deleting them on your Mac, do not enable iCloud Photo Library on the iPhone.

Use only My Photo Stream, This way all new photos taken on the iPhone will be synced to your Mac. Any new photos you import to the Mac will sync to the iPhone.

Then you can delete photos from the iPhone's library (not from the My Photo Stream Album), and they will stay on the Mac, if you wait until the photos have been downloaded to the library on the Mac.

On your Mac:

User uploaded file

On your iPhone, disable "Settings > Your Name > iCloud > iCloud Photo Library."

Photos synch between devices question...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.