Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change back "hide texts" from a sender?

In deleting a text string from my iPhone, I inadvertently selected "Hide texts." Is there a way for me to restore these text notifications from the number they were coming from? I still receive the news alerts on my other apple devices. Thanks!

iPhone 6s

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 10:53 AM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2018 3:11 PM in response to audreyhg

Hello audreyhg,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities and asking for help. I believe you hid the alerts. This article will help you re-enable them and states: Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

User uploaded file

Hide alerts

To stop receiving message notifications, you can use Hide Alerts. Go to the conversation that you want to mute, tap User uploaded file, then turn on Hide Alerts and tap Done. When Hide Alerts is on, User uploaded file will appear next to the conversation. This stops notifications only for that message conversation, not your device. You’ll still receive all other messages and see notifications for them on your Lock screen.

You can also hide alerts for all your conversations by turning on Do Not Disturb. Go to Settings and tap Do Not Disturb or Scheduled to set up a specific timeframe. This stops all notifications on your device.

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

How to change back "hide texts" from a sender?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.