Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updates Cannot be Resumed

I am now living in a country with very poor internet speeds. While some of the service providers suggest their service is ‘Up to 21MBPs’ ... I can only assume this means split between all of their customers ... because I am lucky if I get 100kbps download speeds... I am certain this is an issue with many other countiees. So... With that said ...

I am trying to figure out why there is no resume option after my failed application updates happen. It is very uncomfortable to see ‘6 hours remaining’ on a 1.46GB update ... but what is even more uncomfortable is to have to worry through those 6+ hours whether the download will fail at 99% and force me to have to start over again at 0%. Surely a resume function is possible because it is available in Firefox and other browsers. Apple updates are often large in size ... as are many programs in this day and age. In a perfect world we would all have 100MBPs internet speeds or faster ... but not all of the world is there yet.

I’m sure there are many others that feel my frustration...Apple... please ... if you do anything on your next OS update ... please correct this.

Thank you.

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 10:46 AM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2018 11:01 AM in response to Leo Phoenix71

In Safari there is a toolbar gadget that displays downloads. When you select one there will be one or two gadgets on the right side. If there are two of them then the left-most gadget will resume a download. However, this is not the case if you are downloading from the App Store. For reasons only Apple knows resuming a download of system updates/upgrades is not usually permitted. Nonetheless, there is this: Mac App Store- How to resume interrupted downloads. See if it helps.

Updates Cannot be Resumed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.