Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts-High Sierra--display issue-notes

Longer notes within Contacts display fine on all my iPhones and iPads (iOS 12.2.6) but longer notes are cut off in High Sierra (10.13.3). Often only the top half of letters are displayed--or the last few lines are cut off and I wouldn't be able to tell unless I compare to what I see on my iOS devices. This has been happening for awhile--it is not a brand new problem with MacOS 10.13.3, I just don't remember if it was also a problem with Sierra. Has anyone else experienced this problem? What Apple email address should I send that type of problem to?
(I have been carrying over contact notes since before 2008--Newton to Palm to Newton to iPhone etc., but it affects newer content too.)

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 11:23 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 5, 2018 6:53 AM in response to Palomino22

Greetings Palomino22,

I understand that long notes within your Contacts app display fine on all of your iPhones and iPads, but the longer notes are cut off in macOS High Sierra. These are notes that you have been carrying over to Contacts on your Mac from mobile devices since 2008.

Since you aren't completely sure if this started in Sierra or High Sierra, I suggest some software isolation troubleshooting first to see if this happens in another user account and safe mode. This can help isolate the issue from the main user account to the entire system, as well as see if any third-party apps are causing a conflict.

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac
Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Let me know how it goes.

Regards.

Mar 18, 2018 10:46 AM in response to rose_10

Sorry this is so delayed--I was traveling. I tried safe mode and the same problem exists. I can't figure out a way to move a contact into the Shared folder of Users, so starting in a newly created User account didn't make sense to me and I didn't try that.

I did try copying and pasting the cut off note verbiage to see if by any chance I could copy and paste the full text, but it only copied the text through the cut off line--nothing below that. in other words, the rest of the note is not there on my Mac/in Contacts, though it is there on my iOS devices.

I did notice one new thing: not all long notes are cut off on my Mac. Some display just fine. I cannot be sure, but the ones I identified as cut off may be older notes/ones originally created on a Palm then Treo (ie, created in the 1990s through 2005) and transferred when I switched to iPhone. However, some of the long notes that display fine on my Mac were also originally created 15-20 yrs ago (I am pretty sure), so that may not be the only determining factor.

Contacts-High Sierra--display issue-notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.