Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I access data on old iPhone?

I have an old iPhone with photos that I’d like to download. I think 2013 or 2014 was the last time I used it. When I charged and turned it on today it first let me play a song that I know used to be on it but after I used my password to get in the phone it seems like a new phone without any data. How can I access my photos that I believe are still I there?

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 1:36 PM

7 replies

Mar 4, 2018 5:04 PM in response to KiltedTim

I think the photos might be on there because I never deleted them or cleared the phone. There was music playing on it before I entered my passcode today, indicating my music was on there but, like my photos, the music is no longer accessible now that I signed in. Does that make sense? I’m holding out hope. I thought the phone would act like a hard drive and hold on to my photos

Mar 4, 2018 7:04 PM in response to Rjsummerour

There is no screensaver on an iPhone. There is a lock screen, and the home screen. How did you play music before you entered your passcode. Without entering the passcode, you could not access any apps. If you opened the device by entering your passcode and you looked in the photos app and there are no pictures there, I would say they are gone.

How do I access data on old iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.