Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble migrating from El Cap Time Mach to New iMac H Sierra

• I have a new iMac-High Sierra 10.13.3 (Retina 4K, 21.5", 2017); 3.4 Ghz Intel core; 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
  • I have an old iMac-El Capitan 10.11.6 (20 in, Mid 2007); 2 GHz Intel core 2 Duo; 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
  • I have WD My Passport for Mac

I'm no trouble shooter. Out of the box the 21" with High Sierra, I searched for guidance on the old one. A web page introduced me to data transfer through Time Machine. I followed the steps. It cycled through that process twice. Now that it's done, I see that it didn't transfer anything at all. Now what?

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), 21.5"

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 6:44 AM

You didn't say whether your question is resolved or not. If your Mac is new, you can avail yourself of Apple's complimentary telephone or chat assistance: Contact Support. 90 days regarding any topic whatsoever is included with your purchase price.

Otherwise, please read How to move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support and let me know if you get stuck somewhere.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2018 6:44 AM in response to souchwid

You didn't say whether your question is resolved or not. If your Mac is new, you can avail yourself of Apple's complimentary telephone or chat assistance: Contact Support. 90 days regarding any topic whatsoever is included with your purchase price.

Otherwise, please read How to move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support and let me know if you get stuck somewhere.

Trouble migrating from El Cap Time Mach to New iMac H Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.