Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System crashes recently started

I have not had a system crash for years. Even apps freezing and having to be forced quite is a rarity. But lately, my system is crashing a few times a week. I will be working away, the screen will go dark as if the battery died (brand new battery with 45% this time when it crashed), then I get the sign in screen and all my apps reboot. I restarted in Recovery mode and ran the repair utility but it said everything was fine. Is anyone else having this problem or do you know why it is happening?

MacBook Air, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 1:04 PM

Hi Ian Chamandy1,
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. If you are having issues with your system freezing or crashing intermittently but persistently, you may find the information and troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful:
If your Mac spontaneously restarts or displays a message that it restarted or shut down because of a problem - Apple Support
Regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2018 1:04 PM in response to Ian Chamandy1

Hi Ian Chamandy1,
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. If you are having issues with your system freezing or crashing intermittently but persistently, you may find the information and troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful:
If your Mac spontaneously restarts or displays a message that it restarted or shut down because of a problem - Apple Support
Regards.

System crashes recently started

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.