Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security breach

Is there anyone else getting phone calls from apple stating that their iCloud account has been hacked, or is it a scam ?

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2018 1:22 PM

I think it is a scam. The caller says there has been suspicious activity on the icloud account and there has been a security breach. Asks if you want to connect to support by pressing 1 or repeat the message... also, says you can contact support at the toll-free number **** ... lol, toll-free?

but, it is weird that the calls actually come from numbers that are listed as Apple store locations. I got calls from two different numbers **** and ****, both of which are listed as Apple store numbers in Illinois. Anyway, too fishy for me.

<Edited by Host>

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2018 1:22 PM in response to sissywalker63

I think it is a scam. The caller says there has been suspicious activity on the icloud account and there has been a security breach. Asks if you want to connect to support by pressing 1 or repeat the message... also, says you can contact support at the toll-free number **** ... lol, toll-free?

but, it is weird that the calls actually come from numbers that are listed as Apple store locations. I got calls from two different numbers **** and ****, both of which are listed as Apple store numbers in Illinois. Anyway, too fishy for me.

<Edited by Host>

Security breach

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.