Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help loging in to macbook

Hey there, my girlfriend was given a 2010 MacBook pro unibody. When she got it, I did some diagnostics and made sure everything was in good shape. Everything checked out so I gave it back to her while I waited for the new trackpad and battery to come in so she could get used to the OS. She called me saying that she got stuck on a screen and no matter what she did she couldn't get past it. I'm having the same issue. The laptop boots up normally but when it would usually take you to the desktop, it instead prompts a screen saying "macOS Utilities". The screen has "Restore From Time Machine Backup, Reintall macOS, Get Help Online, and Disk Utilities" but none of the options help any. There aren't any backup points to jump to, I don't have a macOS disk, I cant connect to the Wi-Fi to get help online, and there is nothing wrong with the hard drive. Ive been trying to get a hold of support but I cant get into the settings to find the serial number, and the serial number isn't on the back of the laptop.

The only thing she did was create her own account, I even tried logging into her friend's account to remedy things but the same problem happens. I'm not too knowledgeable about macs but I have repaired a few for some friends of mine, none of which have had any issues like this. Any help would be great, Thanks!.

OS is Sierra I believe

Its a 2010 MacBook Pro Unibody 15 inch

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 4:16 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Need help loging in to macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.