Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How did my son turn my hotspot on, on my iPhone from his iPhone

My son from his iPhone turned on my hotspot on my iPhone

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 4:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 4:54 PM

If you are logged into the same Apple ID and are in proximity of each other, when you go to Wi-Fi in settings, you will see the phone in question, and you would be able to connect to it, even without the password. That is because it is expected that if you are logged into the same Apple ID, then they are your devices and would not need the additional security of a password. See this support document, the part about Instant Hotspot for a better explanation. Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2018 4:54 PM in response to GypsyGoddesshawkins

If you are logged into the same Apple ID and are in proximity of each other, when you go to Wi-Fi in settings, you will see the phone in question, and you would be able to connect to it, even without the password. That is because it is expected that if you are logged into the same Apple ID, then they are your devices and would not need the additional security of a password. See this support document, the part about Instant Hotspot for a better explanation. Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

How did my son turn my hotspot on, on my iPhone from his iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.