Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share an apple account

Today I noticed the pictures that were on my phone are gone and I now have my sons pictures. He had some of mine on his phone. I think he has the ones that I had downloaded on my phone.

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 5:05 PM

That's one of the many things that can go wrong when you share an Apple ID. Apple IDs are personal; if you have multiple devices that you alone use, by all means share an Apple ID among them (for example, I have 2 Macs, an iPad and an iPhone that share an Apple ID). However, you should not share an Apple ID with anyone else, no matter how closely related they are (My wife has her only Apple ID that she shares between her Mac, her iphone and her iPad). You can link Apple IDs for sharing music, apps, calendars, and some other things. See: Family Sharing - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2018 5:05 PM in response to caseyfromhudsonville

That's one of the many things that can go wrong when you share an Apple ID. Apple IDs are personal; if you have multiple devices that you alone use, by all means share an Apple ID among them (for example, I have 2 Macs, an iPad and an iPhone that share an Apple ID). However, you should not share an Apple ID with anyone else, no matter how closely related they are (My wife has her only Apple ID that she shares between her Mac, her iphone and her iPad). You can link Apple IDs for sharing music, apps, calendars, and some other things. See: Family Sharing - Apple Support

Share an apple account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.