Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are my Reminder alerts disappearing?

I got a new iPhone 7 and since having it, I noticed my reminders were not working... after missing several important things. I have tried to figure it out through settings but nothing seems to help. Basically I set the reminder and then after about 5 seconds, the reminder stays but the time alert disappears. Please help!!?

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 6:32 PM

3 replies

Mar 5, 2018 6:34 PM in response to JBeezy1984

Hi JBeezy1984,

It sounds like you're having some trouble with Reminders. I want to help you with using Reminders to stay organized.

Check out this article that can help you with setting up and using Reminders:
Use Reminders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You mention that you're able to find your Reminders in their lists, but you're not being alerted?
Reminders plays a tone you can choose once, depending on how you choose to be notified. It might happen by your location or by time. If you go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Reminder Alerts, you can choose the sound that plays once.

Let me know what you see on your Lock screen and in Notification Center after your Reminders Alert plays, because if you see it there, it may be behaving as expected.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Mar 8, 2018 2:27 PM in response to JBeezy1984

Hi JBeezy1984,

It sounds like the Reminders App is misbehaving. Let's work on getting that fixed.

Let's try to remove and reinstall the Reminders App. Let me know if that works to help:
Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 11 device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you're still having trouble with Reminders after reinstalling the App, you may need to repair the iOS software on your device.

Check out these articles to make sure you have a backup:
How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

After you've ensured you have a backup, follow the steps below to restore your device via iTunes:
Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Once you've restored, choose the option to set up as a new iPhone, and then test to ensure Reminders works correctly.
If that works, you can follow the steps below to restore your backup:
Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Mar 5, 2018 7:13 PM in response to chris_g1

Thanks for replying but I am very familiar and quite adept with general functions like Reminders — the issue is the alert disappears seconds after I finish setting the reminder and pressing Done. So the alert is not going off because there is no alert set. I can actually see the alert disappear, it makes no sense. I have done this while on my WiFi and otherwise. Nothing works. I have tried to set alarms for a minute or two out and it doesn’t matter, I press Done and it shows an alert below the title for a few seconds then screen refreshes and it is gone.

I have checked all of the general things like sound, notifications etc they are all correctly set and not different from how I have always had. This has only happened since getting new phone.

Why are my Reminder alerts disappearing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.