Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just got an email saying my Apple ID has been suspended, is this a scam

The email I received said these exact words:

We are unable to check your account information.

As a result, your account has been temporarily suspended.
All the services related to your account has been suspended pending resolution.

Please provide us with your details as soon as possible.
Just click on Verification My Account and Log In to your ID and follow the instructions :

<Link Edited by Host>

iPhone 6s

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 7:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 12:51 AM

Scam. Send to reportphishing@apple.com via Message menu : Forward as Attachment. No commentary is needed in the message body — just the scam email attachment. Then, Message menu : Mark : As Junk Mail. Delete.

The real Apple would not need to verify that it is you by having you click on a link to reveal your account ID and password, or call a fake support number. I have seen messages purporting to be from Apple that were amazingly real looking, but the mail address of the sender was decidely not from @apple.com.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2018 12:51 AM in response to jordyn207

Scam. Send to reportphishing@apple.com via Message menu : Forward as Attachment. No commentary is needed in the message body — just the scam email attachment. Then, Message menu : Mark : As Junk Mail. Delete.

The real Apple would not need to verify that it is you by having you click on a link to reveal your account ID and password, or call a fake support number. I have seen messages purporting to be from Apple that were amazingly real looking, but the mail address of the sender was decidely not from @apple.com.

I just got an email saying my Apple ID has been suspended, is this a scam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.