Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast app autoplays in Bluetooth even when app is off

My Apple podcast app starts on its own when I get into the car and phone connects to Bluetooth streaming... even when I have closed app and last thing playing was Spotify

iPhone 6S

iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 7:38 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 9, 2018 1:37 PM in response to asandova

Same here. I have several media apps (the bundled Music and Podcasts apps, plus Amazon and TuneIn Radio), and which one of them starts to play (if any) when the Bluetooth connects seems to be completely random - it's certainly not the last one that was playing. (In fact, it seems to always be whichever one I wasn't planning on listening to.) If it's Music that starts playing, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to which album/playlist starts - often it's a song I haven't played lately, and it doesn't seem to be an obvious point like first/last alphabetically.

Everything about the iPhone's car integration has been hugely irritating, and most of these issues seem to have started with iOS 11.

Podcast app autoplays in Bluetooth even when app is off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.