Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

not able to load High Sierra on MacBook Pro 17

I have a MacBook Pro 17 from later 2009 and currently running OS X EL Capitan

Trying to upgrade to the High Sierra and message says that my computer is not compatible.

When I check the requirements for downloading it says you need a minimum of operating 10.8

Mine is version 10.11.6

Has anyone experienced the same issue ?

Does anyway have a solution other than buying a new MacBook Pro

I like the 17 inch screen

Thank You

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 6:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 6:55 PM

For MacBook Pros, High Sierra compatibility is for mid 2010 models and later. See the following from How to download macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

High Sierra requires any of the following Mac models and versions of macOS. It also requires at least 2GB of memory and 14.3GB of storage space to perform the upgrade.*

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2018 6:55 PM in response to Cdnpirate

For MacBook Pros, High Sierra compatibility is for mid 2010 models and later. See the following from How to download macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

High Sierra requires any of the following Mac models and versions of macOS. It also requires at least 2GB of memory and 14.3GB of storage space to perform the upgrade.*

not able to load High Sierra on MacBook Pro 17

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.