Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop bloody iTunes 12.7 popping up by bluetooth headphones

iTunes 12.7 on iMac's OSX High Sierra (10.13) gets triggered whenever Bluetooth Headphones are being operated.

Previously, I could block iTunes on iMacs's Sierra as an admin, by setting apps permissions to "No access". However, with the OSX High Sierra "upgrade", I'm not able to do it anymore, even being an admin. I get "The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have the necessary permission."! All that results in a very annoying iTunes vs Bluetooth headphone "battle", as even a slightest move of my bluetooth headphones, when I have YouTube or VLC running, triggers this bloody iTunes that starts playing automatically. I have abs. no control to stop iTunes popping up, or remove it completely from my system! I've been looking for an on-line solution, but couldn't find anything relevant for resolving this mind-f...k problem.

Please, help!

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 6:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 7:12 AM

Apple Support Communities is primarily an end-user to end-user (i.e., users like you helping other users) technical issue support feature. Feedback for Apple will likely get more attention if you send it using:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 9, 2018 8:54 PM in response to xlsmile

I had the same issue. It is a "feature" of High Sierra to not allow these sorts of "root" changes. So I disable SIP before trying the iTunes permissions hack. It worked. I then re-enabled SIP.

If you don't know much about this you probably shouldn't play around with it. Having said that, the workaround is pretty easy to do. Just search for "High Sierra disable SIP".

Mar 10, 2018 4:28 PM in response to Ardash_M

Thanks Ardash_M,

Yes, this may work. However, every time I want my iTunes not to be triggered by headphones, I would need to go to Recovery Mode -> Terminal -> csrutil disable -> reboot in Normal Mode -> updated permissions -> reboot in Recovery Mode -> csrutil enable etc... but later, when I need iTunes for installing/updating apps, I would need to go through the whole process again, which is definitely a bit of a tedious process 😉. Looks like I need to find another way of dealing with this issue. Cheers!

Stop bloody iTunes 12.7 popping up by bluetooth headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.