Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra macOS Server Upgrade Error - This version of Server does not support upgrading the Server data on this volume

Upgraded our Mac Server to High Sierra. Purchased the new version of macOS Server administrator app. Received the error message above. The advised solution was

To upgrade the Server data, you will need to install an older version of Server and OSX

I found a prior post for El Capitain. Link below.

Re: This version of Server does not support upgrading the Server data on this volume

Before delete the whole /Library/Server folder. I moved it to the desktop so I kept the copy.

The application then installed. We didn't have much set up on the server with the exception of folder permissions.

I searched for information on the error for High Sierra and could not find anything. That is the reason for this post.

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1, Windows 32 bit OS 10

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 8:42 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

High Sierra macOS Server Upgrade Error - This version of Server does not support upgrading the Server data on this volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.