Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Factory resting macOS high sierra

So I want to factory reset my Mac and have install Mac OS High Sierra which is already on it. When I go in to the CMD+R option and click on Machintosh HD it says it’s an APFS Volume. Is it safe to reset it and not have Mac OS Journaled and have the APFS Volume type ?

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 10:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 2:09 PM

Hi there, CrazyMonkey313!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! That is a great question you have about resetting and not having Mac OS Journaled when you have APFS and I am happy to help out! You will be fine using APFS as that is what the computer is migrating to from using Journaled.
Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2018 2:09 PM in response to CrazyMonkey313

Hi there, CrazyMonkey313!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! That is a great question you have about resetting and not having Mac OS Journaled when you have APFS and I am happy to help out! You will be fine using APFS as that is what the computer is migrating to from using Journaled.
Take care!

Factory resting macOS high sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.