Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Help, I think apple's system has been hacked I'm getting "bogus" mail asking for my apple ID

Help, I think apple's system has been hacked I'm getting "bogus" email asking for my apple ID. Email Msg said "your ID has been blocked and i was unable to use my account...the email was from Security ICloud<safeid@safeyid.com is this really the apple does this?

Help, I think apple's system has been hacked I'm getting "bogus" mail asking for my apple ID

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on

Mar 4, 2018 11:11 PM in response to anthonyfromasheville In response to anthonyfromasheville

We all get these types off phishing messages and it is not due to Apple being hacked.

These phishers get real addresses from all kinds of sources and sometimes send millions of messages out, hoping one will be legitimate.

Send the message as an attachment to reportphishing@apple.com

Do not respond in any way.

Mar 4, 2018 11:11 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 5, 2018 5:56 AM in response to anthonyfromasheville In response to anthonyfromasheville

Apple will always address you by your name or the name they have on file for you and the e-mail will be from @apple.com.

Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

Mar 5, 2018 5:56 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: anthonyfromasheville

Question: Help, I think apple's system has been hacked I'm getting "bogus" mail asking for my apple ID