Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone won't turn on/charge

My iPhone 6's screen suddenly stopped working one morning, however the charge chirp and vibration still worked when I unmuted it. I would've done a force reset or hard reset with the home button+sleep button but the home button doesn't work on the phone. I thought I might let the phone die on it's own so it does its own hard/force reset thingy. The phone died (I think), but now charging won't work. I've tried cleaning out the ports and stuff, but nothing works. It's been like this for the past few days. Plugging it into iTunes won't work, because iTunes doesn't seem to recognise the phone is plugged in. Anyone got any help?

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 10.2, null

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 11:03 PM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2018 8:15 PM in response to manufrommelbourne

Hello manufrommelbourne,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your iPhone 6s. Since your home button is not working, I recommend contacting AppleCare for assistance as started in this help article: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t turn on or is frozen

If you need more help

Contact Apple Support to set up service if you have any of these issues:

• You still see a black screen after charging, force restarting, or following the steps in this article.
  • You see a black screen, but you can hear alerts, sounds, and vibrations.
  • The screen remains black, but the device chirps when you unmute it and connect it to power.
  • Your screen is on, but it doesn't respond when you tap, slide, or try other gestures.
  • You can't force your device to restart because a button is broken or stuck.
  • Your device is stuck on the Apple logo, displays a solid color, or isn't recognized in iTunes.

Use this link to contact AppleCare: Contact - Official Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful evening.

iPhone won't turn on/charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.