Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disk Space is missing after deleting bootcamp

I deleted accidentally bootcamp and disk spacing is missing at disk utility. Could anyone help me please how I can fix it?User uploaded file

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 10:14 PM

2 replies

Mar 4, 2018 11:19 PM in response to Daniel_Nay

Depending on if you have a backup or TimeMachine to restore from, usually when you don't use BootCamp to remove the partition it created then the hard drive could need to be fully reformatted to regain that lost capacity.

So to have had a backup is essential if this is the case. I've had to restore a MacBook where previous owner inappropriately removed a Windows (BootCamp) partition and that capacity was lost to further use. A reformat was required in order to regained full hard drive capacity. About 50% was restored in this manner.

But the older MacBook didn't have a newer OS X as download, I had local install-restore disc media. So you'd likely need to use macOS Recovery and if available a backup such as TimeMachine. The utilities you'd need are in the booted recovery partition or accessed through online choices detailed in Support article 'macOS Recovery'.

Not sure what else to state here; haven't usual reference now due to using iPad Mini1.1 (wi-fi) & it's limited.

Good luck & happy trails! 🙂

🌞🍀🏕🍄🌎

Disk Space is missing after deleting bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.