Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set home pod volume via iPhone

If I am playing something from Apple Music on my home pod how can I change the volume from across the rooom without getting up and without talking to Siri ? I find it awkward talking out loud just to change volume and dont want to get up, well, just because I don’t want to get up.

This is is not an issue if I am playing something through air play.

This remote volume control seems like an oversight. Am I missing something ?

HomePod

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 4:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 6:45 AM

I'm not at home to make my own screenshots at the moment, but see http://appleinsider.com/articles/18/02/12/reminder-apple-includes-a-tiny-airplay -toggle-in-ios-11s-control-center-for-ip…. If you Tap to Connect on your HomePod then you can control volume, pause, skip, etc.

tt2

5 replies

Mar 5, 2018 6:37 AM in response to turingtest2

I cannot find a volume control in this area.

The first screen shows "alarms and "details" buttons at the bottom.

"alarms" has no volume control

"details" has no volume control.

What am I missing. Again, I am not using air play to stream from my phone. The home pod is playing apple music (or in another case, an apple radio station) directly from the internet. How do I change the volume without talking or touching the home pod ?

Mar 7, 2018 7:58 AM in response to Jtrombone

I have been streaming music using my HomePod (without using airplay), and would love a remote control! Either a physical remote, or, an iOS remote on my iPhone. The music always begins playing at too loud a volume.

Also, Siri is way too loud. My HomePod is in a very quiet environment so it's not from ambient noise.

I wish Apple would give the HomePod its own App with more user controlled settings. Including, a music sleep timer function.

Set home pod volume via iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.