Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressed photos from iCloud

Hello,

I'm wondering why the downloaded photos from iCloud are all compressed.

I've searched the web and couldn't find any useful solution or recommendation on how to fix it.

As I know and according to my preferences on the iPhone, original photos are uploaded to iCloud and saved on the device.

1. When I download the uploaded photo using web browser I get it compressed. I see it by the reduced resolution and file size (about 800 KB).

2. When I send a photo from the device using email, it has size about 2 MB and normal resolution.

3. When I plug my iPhone into the USB and copy photo directly from the device's memory I get it full size, about 3 MB and normal resolution.

All this behaviour is quite not straightforward for me, and I totally confused.

Anyway, the main thing which I want to resolve is to have downloaded fully sized original photos from iCloud via web browser.

Thanks!

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.6, null

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 5:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 12:20 PM

It's "compressed" to save storage space on your device via the Optimize Phone Storage feature. iCloud saves your photos and videos in original form at iCloud and copies on your device(s).

Similar questions

1 reply

Compressed photos from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.