Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't add music to my library

Hello,

I am unable to add music (either songs/playing lists) to my library within Apple Music. When I try to activate it within settings, it becomes green. However, when I go back to the settings it has become grey again (so it automatically deactivates). Please help me in fixing this issue.

Thanks in advance!

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 5:34 AM

3 replies

Mar 5, 2018 6:14 PM in response to sophiefrommaastricht

Hey sophiefrommaastricht,

It looks like your post hasn't been replied to yet. Here are a few things that can help others give you an answer for this issue.

- Are you getting an error message when attempting to add music to your library?
- How long have you had this issue?
- What steps have you tried already to get this working as it should.

Cheers

Mar 5, 2018 11:56 PM in response to chris_g1

Hey Chris,

- There is no error message when attempting to add music. The notification pops up: Song added to library. However, when I check my library, there is no song added.

- Since approximately one week? Before, I was able to add music to the library and download music.

- I tried it with multiple wifi-networks to exclude internet connection as the cause. Also, I checked the settings and tried to activate the 'save songs to library'-button. However, everytime I go back to the settings it is grey again. Also, I checked whether the subscription to Apple Music was still active, which is.

Also, I am also unable to download the music. The circle keeps 'loading' when I attempt to download. I believe this is also due to the unability to add the songs to the library.

Hope anyone can help!

Mar 11, 2018 3:19 PM in response to sophiefrommaastricht

Hey sophiefrommaastricht,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. I can see from your post that you're unable music will not add to your library or download to your device. I know how useful it can be to be able to manage your music library, and you've come to the right place for help. Just to be sure, are you having this issue with certain songs or all music?

What I'd suggest first is to open the Settings App then go to Music > Tap your Apple ID and when the window pops up, tap Sign Out. Then restart your device and follow the same path to sign back in. Once signed back in, attempt to enable Apple Music again.

Please note that any music you were previously able to download for offline playback will be removed.

Let us know the results.

Cheers.

I can't add music to my library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.