Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match tells me tracks not available for download

I just noticed only a first track fo 4 albums won't play, and the warning message tells me they are not available for download. I tried with MacPro, MBP, iPhone X, and iPadPro all tells me the problem.

I left these CDs in Japan and can't physically reach them. How do I fix this problem? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 6:19 AM

5 replies

Mar 5, 2018 7:01 AM in response to madflute

This might occur if the library where the tracks were added didn't get a chance to complete the upload. They would be shown in that library as waiting or not uploaded. See About iCloud Music Library icons and status - Apple Support. It should be possible to select the tracks then right or ctrl click and use Add to iCloud Music Library from the context menu to try again. Do you know which computer they were added from? Can someone else access it for you and try?

tt2

Mar 5, 2018 9:06 AM in response to madflute

No, its primary function is to allow you to sync your music library across multiple devices, and allow you to stream from a library that is potentially larger than a device could hold. It may potentially serve as a backup if you lost/damaged the only machine with the source files, but you're not guaranteed to get back exactly what was matched, uploaded tracks might not be in the original bit rate or format, and there is no protection if you remove something from the source library in error.

tt2

iTunes Match tells me tracks not available for download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.