Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am locked out of my mac due to find my mac. It says that it was stolen, I bought my mac on apple.com three years ago.

In December 2017 I had my mac repaired for the second time (Norway has a 5 year warranty by law), they replaced my logic board, display and display hardware (2012 Macbook Pro 13 inch). After that I've had weird behaviour where I get dialogue boxes in french despite the system language being set to English with Norwegian keyboard layout.

Today I got a find my mac alert by random and tried to log in to my icloud to immediately change my password as I though I had been hacked. My mac then rebooted and I got the message that my mac had been locked and that I need a pin with the message:

"This mac was stolen from me 6 years ago, you'll be pleased to bring it back to Paris at ENSA"

I then try to login to my iCloud and can't find a way to unlock my mac.

What is this? Does the Authorized Apple Repair in Norway replace Macbooks with stolen logic boards?

I am about to lose a lot of information on my hard drive because of this.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 10:36 AM

Take the computer, the original purchase receipt, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store.

or contact Apple ID Support. They will need to see the receipt also.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. If you need to talk to them, ask them if they will do a Skype or FaceTime with you.

Apple Support using Twitter

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2018 10:36 AM in response to tcarisland

Take the computer, the original purchase receipt, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store.

or contact Apple ID Support. They will need to see the receipt also.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. If you need to talk to them, ask them if they will do a Skype or FaceTime with you.

Apple Support using Twitter

Mar 6, 2018 10:40 AM in response to Eric Root

I talked to Apple support over the phone yesterday and delivered my machine to an authorized apple repair shop.

Now I have to pay a 140$ service charge for an iCloud security breach, despite the fact that none of my other Apple devices registered to iCloud has been affected.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Still, unlocking this Mac does not resolve the issue. My Macbook isn't registered in iCloud at all, and somewhere out there there's someone able to lock my Mac at any time.

I am locked out of my mac due to find my mac. It says that it was stolen, I bought my mac on apple.com three years ago.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.