Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost photos

I am extremely upset. Even though I backed up my phone numerous times and pay for extra storage in the cloud, all of my photos since October 22 are lost.

I bought a new iPhoneX on Saturday and the representative at AT&T that helped me saw the backup occur and deleted everything off my old phone so I could trade it in. He sent me home to get the new iPhoneX up and running since the store’s wi-fi is weak. I contacted Apple for support on Saturday and Sunday. Now, after logging into my cloud at work, it’s confirmed all of my photos since October 22 are lost. That’s Christmas, New Year’s, my birthday, three family vacations... all of those pictures- gone. I’m livid. And so sad. All because of your cloud that apparently doesn’t work. And I pay extra for. I’m so upset!

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 6:52 AM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2018 12:15 PM in response to melissafromnewton

First off, this is a user-to-user forum and no one here (with VERY limited exceptions) works for Apple.

Second, it sounds to me like your gripe should be with the AT&T guy, not with Apple. (Again, other than being a user of Apple products, I am in no way affiliated with Apple.)

By any chance, were you using iCloud Photo Library? Did you check the Recently Deleted folder? See the "See your edits on all of your devices" section in:

iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

Also, see the "Back up your photos and videos" section in the same article.

If you were not using iCloud Photo Library, then by what you are describing either the photos were not included in your iCloud backup (that you did at the AT&T store) or the last time you backed-up your device was before October 22. Although it mat be too late now, in the future, consider archiving your photos to your computer every now & then:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Lost photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.