Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone will not send iMessages and will only send the green text messages. Can anyone help me with this?

My phone is not sending blue iMessages when i try it says failed and sends as a green texy message. How do I fix this?

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 7:50 AM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2018 10:07 AM in response to Hannahlarson1021

Hey, Hannahlarson1021.

I see that, when trying to send an iMessage, the text goes over as green instead of blue. I'm happy to help.

If you can‘t send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- this article has steps to take, like checking your network connection, for issues like this.

About iMessage and SMS/MMS -- If the recipient isn't using an Apple device or hasn't activated iMessages, the messages will appear green.

iMessage

User uploaded file

iMessages are texts, photos, or videos that you send to iOS devices and Macs over Wi-Fi or cellular-data networks. These messages are always encrypted and appear in blue text bubbles. To turn iMessage on or off, go to Settings > Messages.

SMS/MMS

User uploaded file

If you aren’t using iMessage, you can use SMS/MMS. These messages are texts and photos that you send to other cell phones or iOS devices. SMS/MMS messages aren't encrypted and appear in green text bubbles on your device.

Take care!

My phone will not send iMessages and will only send the green text messages. Can anyone help me with this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.