Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm using Numbers ( version 4.3.1 (5249)) on my MacMini using High Sierra. How do I open two different spreadsheets and see them together in SplitScreen? So far I have only been able to open one spreadsheet. When attempting to open the second, Numb

I'm using Numbers ( version 4.3.1 (5249)) on my MacMini using High Sierra.

How do I open two different spreadsheets and see them together in SplitScreen?

So far I have only been able to open one spreadsheet. When attempting to open the second, Numbers closes the first one and substitutes the other.

Help will be highly appreciated.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 3:33 PM

Don't know what you are missing. Maybe you are in full screen mode, which will open a second documents in a different tab?

When not in full screen mode I have no problem opening two documents at once in Numbers 4.3.1 and placing them side by side. Maybe one document is hidden "behind" the other and you need to drag it to one side?

SG

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2018 3:33 PM in response to Patrick_GF

Don't know what you are missing. Maybe you are in full screen mode, which will open a second documents in a different tab?

When not in full screen mode I have no problem opening two documents at once in Numbers 4.3.1 and placing them side by side. Maybe one document is hidden "behind" the other and you need to drag it to one side?

SG

Mar 5, 2018 1:58 PM in response to Patrick_GF

By two different "spreadsheets" do you mean two different "documents"? If so, you can easily have then both open at the same time and arrange them however you want on your screen.

If by two different "spreadsheets" you mean two different "sheets" in the same document, then you can't show the two sheets in different areas on your screen. You can, however, copy one of the sheets (via the dropdown up in the "tab") and paste it into a new document. Then arrange the original document and the copy as you want on your screen.

SG

Mar 5, 2018 2:57 PM in response to SGIII

Thanks SGCIII for your prompt answer.

I should have be more careful in describing my problem.

i indeed ment opening two Numbers « documents «.

I open a first document in Numbers and so far no problem.

When attempting to open a second Numbers document, the first one disappears from the app and is replaced by the second one. In other words, I‘m unable to have two Numbers documents open simultaneousl. What am I missing?

I'm using Numbers ( version 4.3.1 (5249)) on my MacMini using High Sierra. How do I open two different spreadsheets and see them together in SplitScreen? So far I have only been able to open one spreadsheet. When attempting to open the second, Numb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.