Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can not send to large mail groups

Since I have updated to High Sierra I can not send email to large groups. I get an error message saying select a server to send the mail.

Power Book Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 8:49 AM

8 replies

Mar 5, 2018 5:27 PM in response to 2399

Here a 3 screen shots of my email server preferences. Like I have said I did not have any problems sending to a group of emails that I have been doing for years until I upgraded to High Sierra. I just sent out a test message to the group that I have been sending to for some time and the message went with no problems. Not sure what is going on or if someone at Apple has made some changes to the iCloud mail server.

Thanks

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Mar 6, 2018 9:24 AM in response to Delmer Cox

Are you saying you were able to send out the test email with no problems? Assuming you used the email you’re having trouble with and were able to get it through with no issues, it sounds like the problem fixed itself. If I’m misunderstanding then I think your next step to get past this problem is looking into mail contact groups. Check out this link for information on setting that up: https://support.apple.com/guide/contacts/email-a-group-adrb475c5d8d/mac. Are you sure the issue stems from the number of contacts you have added to the email? It looks like you have mail drop enabled, so you should be able to send fairly large files, but keep in mind the roughly 5GB limit. Your server settings look all good to me, so I would say that probably isn’t the problem.

Mar 5, 2018 9:00 AM in response to Delmer Cox

Go to the Mail menu > Preferences > Accounts to review the server information for the account you are attempting to send mail from. If you can give some more information, such as what your current settings are and who your email account provider is, I would be happy to offer more specific assistance.

Mar 6, 2018 9:39 AM in response to 2399

I was able to send an email to the group that I have been having trouble with. I do not know what has changed but it appears to be working now. It bothers me that it was not working and now it is and I did not make any changes on my end. So I guess my problem has been fixed. I do not send out files larger than 5GB. Thanks for your help.

i can not send to large mail groups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.