Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

authentication error

i have been trying to login my apple id in my macbook for FaceTime but everytime i login it says "an error occurred due to authentication"

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 8:28 AM

Can you log into Messages?

Message activation error

Have someone else attempt to sign in using their Apple ID. If they can successfully sign in and use Messages/FaceTime, it may be your Apple ID.Someone I know had this happen and I was able to sign in usingmy Apple ID. After a call to Apple Support and then being elevated to a tier 2 support person, it turned out it was a problem with their Apple ID. It took the software engineers 3-4 days to fix the problem. When calling Apple, make sure you tell them it is an Apple ID problem so you don't get charged.

There is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option.

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2018 8:28 AM in response to sapoorva

Can you log into Messages?

Message activation error

Have someone else attempt to sign in using their Apple ID. If they can successfully sign in and use Messages/FaceTime, it may be your Apple ID.Someone I know had this happen and I was able to sign in usingmy Apple ID. After a call to Apple Support and then being elevated to a tier 2 support person, it turned out it was a problem with their Apple ID. It took the software engineers 3-4 days to fix the problem. When calling Apple, make sure you tell them it is an Apple ID problem so you don't get charged.

There is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option.

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

authentication error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.