Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I clear the cache on my iPad Mini?

My iPad Mini is running slowly. I just improved the running speed on my MacBook Pro by clearing the cache and would like to do the same. I can find no "cache" tab in Settings. Where do I go to do the functional equivalent operation on the iPad Mini?

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 8:58 AM

Clear the cache for what? Is Safari then you can go to safari in the settings and remove data there.

For an iPad a thing you can do to clear out cobwebs is to force it to reboot. Hold down the sleep and home keys for about 20 seconds. WHen you see the silver apple, let go and let it reboot.

There are also things under settings, general, iPad storage that can allow you to offload apps you are not currently using, delete downloaded content, etc.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2018 8:58 AM in response to rnkdickson

Clear the cache for what? Is Safari then you can go to safari in the settings and remove data there.

For an iPad a thing you can do to clear out cobwebs is to force it to reboot. Hold down the sleep and home keys for about 20 seconds. WHen you see the silver apple, let go and let it reboot.

There are also things under settings, general, iPad storage that can allow you to offload apps you are not currently using, delete downloaded content, etc.

How do I clear the cache on my iPad Mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.