Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Support Communities doesn’t Remember me

Hi all, on all my devices website Apple Support Communities keeps logging me off after some period of time, even I have checked “Remember me” and looks like I have account credentials stored properly on my iCloud Keychain. Any idea why this site is forgetting me and I have to login in all the time over again??? It’s a bit inconvenient and many other sites work for me well, problem is just here. Thanks everyone for help.

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 10:55 AM

It happens to all of us.

Not quite. We know the work-a-rounds.

It's working as designed. 👿. With safari, you have to click around to retrieve your password. ASC logs you off after 15 or 30 minutes of inactivity.

surprise, surprise, surprise: WZZZ safari link is working today.

Apple - Login

This is a link to the old ASC login page. Safari does remember the password. I suspect as soon as ASC personnel here about it. The links days will be numbered.

I use the Waterfox web browser, a firefox clone. waterfox is the classic firefox browser without all the new coke stuff. [ In the late 80's coke changed their formula to taste like pepsi. People didn't like it and coke went back to the classic taste. ] I use these alterations:

Adjust the format and layout of ASC Web Pages

check out the auto login and auto page reload.

How to improve your experience with Apple Support Communities ( ASC )

R

23 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2018 10:55 AM in response to Manolis_from_Prague

It happens to all of us.

Not quite. We know the work-a-rounds.

It's working as designed. 👿. With safari, you have to click around to retrieve your password. ASC logs you off after 15 or 30 minutes of inactivity.

surprise, surprise, surprise: WZZZ safari link is working today.

Apple - Login

This is a link to the old ASC login page. Safari does remember the password. I suspect as soon as ASC personnel here about it. The links days will be numbered.

I use the Waterfox web browser, a firefox clone. waterfox is the classic firefox browser without all the new coke stuff. [ In the late 80's coke changed their formula to taste like pepsi. People didn't like it and coke went back to the classic taste. ] I use these alterations:

Adjust the format and layout of ASC Web Pages

check out the auto login and auto page reload.

R

Mar 5, 2018 3:54 PM in response to rccharles

seems that "autocomplete=OFF"" does the trick somehow (I read where "FALSE" was also a value used)

1. select where pic shows
  2. View Page Source

User uploaded file

<input id="pwd" ($keyup)="passwordKeyUpHandler()" ($focus)="pwdFocusHandler()" ($blur)="pwdBlurHandler()" aria-required="true" required="required" can-field="password" autocomplete="off" class="si-password si-text-field dots form-textbox" placeholder="Password" type="password">

Apr 8, 2018 7:10 PM in response to BourbonWhisky

Seems like you are using two-factored login. I don't know what the rules are for that.

First off, your using the safari web browser for ASC. That's your first mistake. Safari will make your login experience more difficult. Safari has had continuing difficulties with loggin in to ASC over the years. [ Yes, I know Safari and ASC are apple products. Go figure. ]

Second, I recommend you get another apple id for asc. Do not attach a credit card to this id. Use it only for asc. This means you do not need to worry about all that security stuff like two factor login.

Here is what I do. Use Firefox or Waterfox for your web browser. I had to switch to Waterfox to run my Javascript additions. I recommend Firefox unless you need to run some customized javascript that doesn't work in Firefox 57 +. I'll assume you want to use Firefox as your web browser. You need to have Firefox save you asc login password. That means using the old asc login to save your password. See above for the old login link. The old password login may not work. This means running an old version of Firefox before 57 so you can run "saved password editor" which will allow you to edit in your password. There may be some trick to editing in your password.

Once you have your password saved and working with ASC, you can upgrade to the latest version of firefox.

You then run one of the stay logged in hacks.

See points #1 & #2

Fyi: The autologin script isn't work because apple yet again changed how logging works. Please note, this javascript just presses the enter key for your.

R

Mar 5, 2018 9:12 AM in response to Manolis_from_Prague

Expanding on Limnos's answer - the TimeOutLength for inactivity is 30 minutes. The expiration timestamp, held in a cookie, is reset with every action of navigation. An open "reply" also "auto-saves" that under-construction message and resets the expiration to 20 minutes in the future

The login page "Remember Me" has nothing to do with timing out - only remembering your email address credential - Apple has invoked a script preventing NEW saving of password credential (if you had it saved before their action, browser or Keychain will auto-populate both fields)

Mar 5, 2018 11:02 AM in response to rccharles

The link that WZZZ posted works for me every once in a while.

There are no workarounds at all that work work for me on an iPad which is the device that I am more often that not using to participate here in ASC.

I have had countless issues over the years signing into ASC no matter which device I use, some of which I have tried to document for Mandy and the engineering team, but that has never worked out for me either.

Mar 5, 2018 11:10 AM in response to rccharles

The association of the older link (works, have in an older Mac with TenFourFox + 10.4.11)

to one reply in ASC is as much a surprise as seeing mention of it in discussions at all.

The odd happenings are almost every time I visit this site section; ASC is under contruction.

Behavior changes enough that I keep more than one window open to save my place when

contemplating a response or compiling a reply; often enough when I do start a reply, usually

where no activity had been (except original question) I may be logged out twice and the only

saving grace are those other pages that I can refresh without re-logging to them, again.

And I don't set any keychain content for any web pages or their content. + Wipe cookies often.

The losses are often between ISP and Apple servers. A few times my ancient wi-fi gives out.

{using an older iPad Mini on rare occasion is problematic; can't take it seriously or I'd break it}

So this is a curious topic with a few possible turns and twists along the way...! 😁

Apple Support Communities doesn’t Remember me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.