Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CleanMyMac trashed vital Yojimbo files

I used the latest version of CleanMyMac (3.9.4) to uninstall version 1.4 of Yojimbo which was conflicting with version 4.1.1 of Yojimbo, to which I had just upgraded. Unfortunately, CleanMyMac removed the database that Yojimbo 4.1.1 was using, and after some to and fro with MacPaw's technical support people, they say there is nothing they can do. I have a TimeMachine backup of the Yojimbo records, but there doesn't seem to be any way to import these into Yojimbo. I am currently running Mac OS 10.12.6 on a 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 15" MacBook Pro retina. Any ideas?

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 9:14 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 5, 2018 9:18 AM in response to dylanwiliam

That's why you should not have CleanMyMac on your computer.

Removal instructions: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7609452?answerId=30410136022#30410136022

I have no idea of what Yojimbo is or does. I'd recommend going to a Yojimbo support forum to deal with hand-restoring specific files, or use Time Machine to roll back your entire Mac to before all this happened.

CleanMyMac trashed vital Yojimbo files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.