Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos menu in double

Hy,

Since my last macOS 10.3.3 reboot, Photos menu items are displayed in double (cf attached picture)

Any one has an idea how to fix this?

I tried to reboot but it doesn't fix anything

User uploaded file

BR

Xavier

macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 10:14 AM

3 replies

Mar 5, 2018 10:29 AM in response to iggy78

Test, if you are also seeing duplicate albums, if you create a new library for testing. See: Create additional libraries

• If a new library is not showing any deplete albums, repair your current library: See: Repair the library
  • If a new library is also showing duplicates, I would remove the Photos preferences:

To delete the Photos preferences files:

• Quit Photos, if it is running.
  • Open your user library in your home folder.

Delete the complete folder ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Photos/ and restart the Mac, then try again.Your user library may still be hidden.

• To reveal the hidden User Library:
    • Bring the Finder forward by clicking on the Desktop or the Finder icon in the Dock.
    • Select your user/home folder (with the house icon in the Finder sidebar)
    • With that Finder window as the front window, press the key combination ⌘J to bring up the View options.
    • In the View options panel enable ’Show Library Folder’. That will make your user library folder visible in your Home folder, if it is still hidden.
    • Open your Home folder, then the Library folder, then Containers.

Move the complete folder ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Photos to your desktop. Move the entire folder, not just the contents.

• While you are about it, delete also ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Photos.plist

Restart the Mac and try again.

After you deleted the ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Photos/ and preferences, Photos will not remember the location of the library and the preferences you set. You will have to set them again, and hopefully it will stick this time.

Photos menu in double

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.