Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ringtones not working after update to 11.2.3

I have an iPad SE i updated to 11.2.3 but none of my ringtones are working i have redownloaded and rebooted to no joy. Please could you help

iPhone SE, iOS 11.2.2

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 10:40 AM

4 replies

Mar 7, 2018 4:47 PM in response to HMPW3

Hi HMPW3,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. It looks like no one has responded yet to your question. If you could provide the following information, it may help the community respond:

1. Can you provide a bit more information on what exactly is happening? What do you mean when you say "none of my ringtones are working"? Do you mean that it doesn't ring at all, that only the built-in ringtones are working, that only a single ringtone works no matter which ringtone is selected, etc? Is this affecting phone calls in general, ringtones assigned to specific contacts, etc?

2. When you say "my ringtones", do you mean ringtones (other than the built-in one) that you've loaded onto your iPhone? If so, where are they from? Were they working before?

3. How long has this been going on? Did this start when you updated to iOS 11.2.3? If so, have you updated to the most current release (iOS 11.2.6)?

Cheers!

Mar 8, 2018 5:45 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Hi alex_h1

for general people I have one ringtone but for family members I have various when the phone rings it uses the opening default ringtone rather than any of mine. All my ringtones were working perfectly until i upgraded to iOS 11. I have redownloaded them as was suggested but it has not worke. It looks like I’m now running 11.2.6

Mar 25, 2018 9:48 AM in response to chris_g1

Hi Chris_g1

i have had another go and it appears that I can set a built in tune and it will Work although I only tried 1. I tried with several tunes I had downloaded and redownloaded and these do not wor. I can set the tune in contacts, but when the person contacts me it just plays the default. I also notice now that it announces the person all the time which it did not do prior to the update. Does this make a difference?

regards

Hellen

Ringtones not working after update to 11.2.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.