Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

powering down and unlocking. Any with any ideas?

I have an iPhone 7 running on the latest iOS. The text size has increased to its maximum and I can’t reduce it. It is also preventing me from powering down and unlocking the phone. Anyone with any suggestions?

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 11:47 PM

Hello TerryW46,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

I understand that the text size on your iPhone has increased to the maximum setting and you can't reduce it. This is also preventing you from unlocking and turning off the iPhone.

Have you tried to force restart your iPhone by holding both the Side and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo? If not, please try that. Once your iPhone restarts, notice if the text size has decreased. If it hasn't try a reinstall of iOS.

First, use this article to make sure that you have a backup of your iPhone: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Then, use this article to reinstall iOS: If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Note: This article is intended to be for a different issue but following steps 1-5 will help you reinstall iOS without erasing data.
Let me know how it goes.
Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2018 11:47 PM in response to TerryW46

Hello TerryW46,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

I understand that the text size on your iPhone has increased to the maximum setting and you can't reduce it. This is also preventing you from unlocking and turning off the iPhone.

Have you tried to force restart your iPhone by holding both the Side and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo? If not, please try that. Once your iPhone restarts, notice if the text size has decreased. If it hasn't try a reinstall of iOS.

First, use this article to make sure that you have a backup of your iPhone: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Then, use this article to reinstall iOS: If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Note: This article is intended to be for a different issue but following steps 1-5 will help you reinstall iOS without erasing data.
Let me know how it goes.
Regards.

powering down and unlocking. Any with any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.