Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I blocked someone , but now have unblocked them although my iMessages and FaceTime aren’t working . Calls are

I blocked someone , but now have unblocked them although my iMessages and FaceTime aren’t working . Calls are .

How can I fix this?

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 10:32 AM

Hello Emmag12802,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that your unable to use iMessage or FaceTime with a phone number you've recently unblocked. I can see how this could be a bit confusing, especially since you're able to place calls to this contact without issue. I'm happy to help.

First, make sure you've got a strong cellular or Wi-Fi connection. Try removing the contact and adding it again. If the issue persists, restart your iPhone. Restarting can resolve many unexpected behaviors.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the behavior continues, take a look at the links below for additional steps:

If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue continues, let us know if this occurs with multiple contacts. Please include specific error messages and any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a great day!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2018 10:32 AM in response to Emmag12802

Hello Emmag12802,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that your unable to use iMessage or FaceTime with a phone number you've recently unblocked. I can see how this could be a bit confusing, especially since you're able to place calls to this contact without issue. I'm happy to help.

First, make sure you've got a strong cellular or Wi-Fi connection. Try removing the contact and adding it again. If the issue persists, restart your iPhone. Restarting can resolve many unexpected behaviors.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the behavior continues, take a look at the links below for additional steps:

If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue continues, let us know if this occurs with multiple contacts. Please include specific error messages and any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a great day!

I blocked someone , but now have unblocked them although my iMessages and FaceTime aren’t working . Calls are

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.