Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to annotate pdfs with a more professional look using Preview

I always prefer to support/use Apple products, and am trying to save the expense of buying Adobe Acrobat Pro, the industry standard in my (editing) industry for detailed pdf mark up (mostly text changes). When I use Preview (High Sierra, latest OS) to annotate pdfs, they look amateurish compared to Adobe. Any suggestions?

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 11:41 AM

Amateurish is built into Preview. You can use the free Acrobat Reader DC for improved annotations, but some of these may not show up identically in Preview. If you must edit PDF content, then you are looking at a PDF Editor, and that can be PDFpen/PDFpenPro 9 in the Mac App Store, or the big, expensive guns — Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

At the end of the day, only Adobe will have the most recent PDF functionality in their products because they control the technology.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2018 11:41 AM in response to Susan Winsor

Amateurish is built into Preview. You can use the free Acrobat Reader DC for improved annotations, but some of these may not show up identically in Preview. If you must edit PDF content, then you are looking at a PDF Editor, and that can be PDFpen/PDFpenPro 9 in the Mac App Store, or the big, expensive guns — Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

At the end of the day, only Adobe will have the most recent PDF functionality in their products because they control the technology.

How to annotate pdfs with a more professional look using Preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.