Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes ID3 tags don't match with finder folder file names

I may be a bit crazy but I am very detailed and started to clean up my entire library and ultimately trying to get the tags and finder folders to match without having to edit both. I am using iTunes to edit all my tags with the way i would like them formatted but when i drag them back into a finder folder (either directly from iTunes or consolidating that file and dragging from iTunes media), it won't format to the name i changed them to. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the name of the file being encrypted or not. All of the songs I am trying to edit were all imported from CD's, not the originals. I am trying to avoid having to edit both the ID3 tags and the file names separately (Renaming the name and ext)

Example:

The name shown in iTunes is the original fine name.

User uploaded file

Next, I"ll change the tags how i prefer them in iTunesUser uploaded file

But when I drag it right out of iTunes (or consolidate that file and get it from iTunes Media), it remains the same original file name.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 10:49 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

iTunes ID3 tags don't match with finder folder file names

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.