Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 1 to Apple Watch 3

Hi, I just wondering if I am able to upgrade my Apple Watch 1

Have it for about 3 years... have recently sent out to Apple for repairs, a week later received new watch but same serial? Just wondering why Apple did not offer me upgrade in the first place since they weren't able to repair my 2year old watch?! I would love to have an upgrade!

I haven't opened the box yet and want to ask would I be able to upgrade.

Thank you

Apple Watch

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 11:03 AM

rutafromchicago wrote:

Have it for about 3 years... have recently sent out to Apple for repairs, a week later received new watch but same serial? Just wondering why Apple did not offer me upgrade in the first place since they weren't able to repair my 2year old watch?! I would love to have an upgrade!

Thank you

Apple's policy when replacing a watch under service is to do so with an identical model. They do not give you an upgrade. Don't know of any company that would upgrade your device for free during service.

If you want to upgrade to a newer watch, sell the one you have and buy a new one.

You can of course make us of Apple's watch trade up program if you wish

Apple Watch Trade-up - Apple

But you'll get more money for it if you sell it privately.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2018 11:03 AM in response to rutafromchicago

rutafromchicago wrote:

Thank you

Apple's policy when replacing a watch under service is to do so with an identical model. They do not give you an upgrade. Don't know of any company that would upgrade your device for free during service.

If you want to upgrade to a newer watch, sell the one you have and buy a new one.

You can of course make us of Apple's watch trade up program if you wish

Apple Watch Trade-up - Apple

But you'll get more money for it if you sell it privately.

Apple Watch 1 to Apple Watch 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.