Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: If I reset my phone back to factory setting however just backed everything up will I be able to get everything back on iCloud once the factory reset has done and I’m starting again?

I’ve just bought an iPhone X but when I set the phone up the last back up only uploaded 400 photos rather than 2000, I’ve just backed my old phone up again and everything’s backed up as normal. Now if I set my iPhone X back to factory settings will it recover the last eat back up?

Posted on

Question marked as Apple recommended
Answer:
Answer:

If you reset your phone to factory settings, it will have nothing on it. You will need to restore it from your back up.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Posted on

Question marked as Apple recommended

Mar 5, 2018 1:10 PM in response to quinn39 In response to quinn39

If you reset your phone to factory settings, it will have nothing on it. You will need to restore it from your back up.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Mar 5, 2018 1:10 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 8, 2018 8:39 AM in response to AZSchuck In response to AZSchuck

AZSchuck wrote:

Anything that is on your phone at the time of the backup, you will be able to restore.

Yes, that's correct. But it's an additional step. Restoring a phone to factory settings leaves an empty phone. If you want to put things back on it, you will have to restore the back up.

Mar 8, 2018 8:39 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: quinn39

Question: If I reset my phone back to factory setting however just backed everything up will I be able to get everything back on iCloud once the factory reset has done and I’m starting again?