Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

internet connection hangs then normal

Hi,

I have macbook running 10.11.5 and i have a recurring issue when performing tasks that involve using the internet (which is obviously a lot).

Safari is clearly where i make use of internet connection most, but problem is prevalent with, for example, the app store too.

taking safari for example, when navigating to a new page (from an existing page with safari having already been open) the blue progress bar makes starts out like everything is fine and quickly gets to approx 15% across. then everything seems to stall there for perhaps 20-30 seconds, after which the desired website will quickly load and appear and look and behave as normal.

i have tried checking my internet connection in general, my wife iPad can load the same websites "instantly". likewise streaming music on a sonos is seamless, so feel comfortable with connection there.

it seems like my mac is getting itself in a bind over something, tries for a while to make its mind up, and then just carries on with what it should have done first time around.

i am on the fringes of my technical abilities here so would appreciate any ideas for settings to try/changes to make!

many thanks,

Melvyn

MacBook, OS X El Capitan (10.11.5)

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 12:46 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 6, 2018 1:20 PM in response to Kappy

Hi, thanks for you assistance.

Do you have any suggestions for how i can resolve this issue if it is the server thing?

When you say server, do you mean a server that belongs to my internet provider through which i access things, or do you mean specific website servers? is there a way to choose servers to access based on my mac settings?

I dont experience the same behaviour as you i think, for example i can have the slow/normal behaviour for the same website.

I would appreciate any tips to try out, its quite frustrating and as i mention i'm at the limits of my IT skills here!

thanks,

Melvyn

internet connection hangs then normal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.