Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple CarPlay

Since upgrading to iOS 11 my mobile won’t connect to my Apple CarPlay. I’ve tried restarting it . I’m using an official lightening lead too . Really frustrating as it’s a brand new car

Can anyone help please

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 11:56 AM

4 replies

Mar 6, 2018 11:24 AM in response to jayne149

Hello jayne149,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that since updating to iOS 11, your iPhone won't connect to CarPlay in your new car. I can surely see how this could be frustrating. I'm happy to help.

I recommend following the steps below, no need to repeat steps you've already tried:
  1. Make sure that Siri is turned on.
  2. Restart your iPhone and your car. Depending on your car, you might see the CarPlay Home screen when you turn it on. If you don't, look for the CarPlay logo on your car’s display.
  3. If possible, connect your iPhone to a different USB port in your car.
  4. Try a different Lightning to USB cable. Make sure that the cable is certified.
  5. Update to the latest version of iOS.
  6. Check your car’s manual for help. You might need to install firmware updates for your stereo.

Learn more about CarPlay and driving and navigating safely.

Set up CarPlay with your iPhone

Have a great day!

Mar 7, 2018 10:42 PM in response to jayne149

jayne149,

Thank you for trying the suggested steps and following up. Since the issue is only occurring with your iPhone, try reinstalling the iPhone iOS with iTunes. This step can resolve possible software issues. When reinstalling iOS, iTunes will completely remove your current software and install a fresh version. While iTunes will try to do this without removing data, it's a good idea to make sure you have a recent backup before trying this step.
How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Use the steps in the link below to reinstall iOS with iTunes:
If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know the results.

Cheers!

Mar 7, 2018 10:47 PM in response to CarlAVII

Thanks for your help . But that hasn’t worked either. A nice helpful apple man talked me through it last night and it’s still no different place other than it now seems to glitch with my car . When I connect the lead it’s says device not compatible with this usb and the screen in my car then freezes

Thanks anyway think I might have to take a trip to an apple store

T

Apple CarPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.