Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Cloud Storage

My daughter got an email that her icloud storage was almost full and if she didn't purchase more within 30 days, her phone wouldn't backup/lose storage. She didn't tell me and after the 30 days (a few days ago), the photos that were stored on her cloud disappeared. We bought more storage, but they aren't there. We backed her phone up to an earlier version, didn't help. Is there a way to get those photos back?

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 12:10 PM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2018 12:24 PM in response to jenniferfromoneonta

I am surprised the photos disappeared. According to:

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

If you run out of iCloud storage, your device won’t back up to iCloud. New photos and videos won't upload to iCloud Photo Library. iCloud Drive and other iCloud apps won't update across your devices. And you can't send or receive messages with your iCloud email address. If this happens, you can make more space.

It doesn't say anything about deleting (old) photos. Was she using iCloud Photo Library? If so, the photos would not be part of the iCloud backup. See the "Here’s what iCloud Backup includes" section in:

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

I Cloud Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.