Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X WiFi fault

Like many I am having issues with the iPhone X and WiFi. I’ll summarise the faults the best I can:

1. WiFi turns off immediately after pressing the switch on every occasion.

2. In relation to point 1 the WiFi setting page will the crash and eventually go back to the home screen.

3. The phone will say it’s connected on the settings page but it will not be

4. On occasion it will say unavailable to join network.

Now I work for Virgin media so I am having to use my phone to connect to about 10/15 routers a day and it’s honestly impossible and I have to use customers devices which can be other iPhone models and they work fine.

I’ve attached a picture to evidence point 3

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 12:46 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 6, 2018 12:08 PM in response to craigbev92

Hey, craigbev92.

It appears you're having some difficulty connecting your iPhone X with Wi-Fi networks. Sometimes, even the Settings page will crash when you're trying to fix it. I'm happy to help.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Restart your iPhone. Once it's returned to the Home screen, test the issue.
If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- If restarting your iPhone and resetting the network settings didn't resolve the issue, please be sure to have a fresh backup to keep your personal information safe. In order to back up your Health data, the backup needs to be encrypted. iCloud does this automatically, but iTunes doesn't. If you'd like to use iTunes to back up your iPhone, refer to this article: About encrypted backups in iTunes

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Even though the title of the article isn't specific to your issue, the section titled "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" will walk you through all the steps to reinstall the iOS software on your device. Check the issue again.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

iPhone X WiFi fault

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.